intel 965GM 3D problems

Alberto Botti alberto.botti at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 03:52:54 PDT 2007

Il giorno ven, 02/11/2007 alle 22.28 +0200, Marius Gedminas ha scritto:
> FWIW the first line comes from the "client glx extensions" list, the
> second from "GLX extensions", and the third from "OpenGL extensions".

I see that it only shows under "GLX extensions" if LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT
is set.

> It might be worth investigating why GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is
> missing from your setup, but I'm pretty much clueless in that area.
> Or you could try downgrading back to Ubuntu versions of the intel driver
> & Mesa.

I've already downgraded and I was experiencing the same issue... but
I've just found the cause of the problem: the "compiz" launcher script
installed with Ubuntu was looking for binaries in "/usr/local/bin/" (?!)
after fixing that the "GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing" error is
gone and it works!
Don't ask me how it can work out-of-the-box on other machines :)

Now, starting compiz with EXA crashes the Xserver, but I can live with
XAA at the moment...

Thanks for the help, and to the Intel driver team - that's the first Intel
machine I bought in the last 15 years and I choose it just because of the
supported open source drivers...