Converting old 8 Bit Colormap to 32 bit Colormap

Edward Slezak emslezak at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 10:28:21 PDT 2007

Thanks for the help. What I am really trying to do is
create a rainbow color bar that starts with black on
the left goes thru blues,greens,yellows,oranges, and
finally red. The one that used to work had 100
colors in it. The code I posted was just a snippet. As
you can see in the snippet I was slowly increasing the
blue value without changing the Red or Green. Once
blue hit 255 I started increasing green while reducing
blue. I repeated this process to get my rainbow color
bar. The rainbow colors were used to display data on a
falling raster display. I took a waveform and mapped
it as a single line on the falling raster where the
color mapped the magnitude of each point on the
waveform. ie 0 magnitude was back and red was the
maximum magnitude. I can not figure out how to create
a color bar that looks like a rainbow consisting of
100 colors. I had hoped I could still do this in a
similar manner. Am I off my rocker????? I might just
not understand the 32 bit colors. I always thought the
standard RGB values was easy to understand, but am
lost on the 32 bit.

Thanks
Ed