BadName error while running gtk program

Prashant J Zaveri pjz1607 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 04:23:20 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have cross-compiled Xfbdev for ARM9 core and running it on a
board powered by Freescale's i.MX21 processor running on Kernel
Vanilla 2.6.22 with a few board-specific patches.

The Xserver is X11R7.2-1.2.0, I am able to run sample X program using
matchbox-window-manager on it.

I have also cross compiled Cairo 1.4.10, Pango 1.18.3, Glib 2.14.0,
Gtk 2.10.14 and ported on it.

While running Helloworld it shows 'somebody' instead of 'helloworld'
in gtk button

While executing any other "gtk" application on board, It gives  me
following error :

The program 'window' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadName'.
  (Details: serial 135 error_code 15 request_code 45 minor_code 0)

Does that have something to do with fontconfig and gtk or the Xserver
fonts are not installed correctly.

Sorry if I am posting in wrong list ?

--
Thanks