Status if input device hotplugging

Nicolas Trangez eikke at eikke.com
Thu May 31 11:39:36 PDT 2007

Hija,

Some time ago there was some discussion on the list regarding how to
proceed with runtime addition of input devices to the server. Could
anyone tell me what the final decission was (iirc add HAL-based
detection optionally to the server, next to the current (optional) D-Bus
based interface?), and whether work on this has started?

If not, I'd like to start working on this (although not very actively
next 3 weeks, exams), or co-operate on existing efforts as part of my
SoC assignment.

Thanks,

Nicolas