i945GM don't show video at vga port (blue screen)

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Mon May 28 21:37:52 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 22:56 -0300, Eriberto wrote:
> It's into experimental release? It's usable?
>
> Thanks for your response. I'm a Debian maintainer too!
>
> Drew Parsons escreveu:
> > On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 03:07 -0300, Eriberto wrote:
> > This is a problem with Xv support in the intel driver.  It has been
> > fixed in git but not yet released as a new version.  An experimental
> > version is available for debian users.

Yeah, it works fine.  I didn't put it into unstable since Keith is still
working on it.

Actually, even though it appeared to have fixed Xv for myself when I
first tested it,  I notice today it's now failing again - the blue video
windows have come back.  But others have reported it fixed the problem
for them.  I'm using 855GM.

I'm not aware that it will make things worse, and it might help you, so
give it a try.

Drew