Patches and plagiarism

Colin Harrison colin.harrison at virgin.net
Sat May 26 01:45:39 PDT 2007

> > Can people submitting patches on this list please ensure that the
> > source of the patches is accredited.
>
> Can you recommend a way to do this?
Just a mention of where they came from would suffice for me.
Sometimes even finding the one-liners can take up lots of time when
unfamiliar code is being debugged.

> > Also a look at bugzilla reports may be useful before fast tracking
> > them to git to avoid leaving 'zombies'.
>
> ?

bugzillas with patches that are subsequently applied without reference, but
the bugzilla not closed.
The bugzilla equivalent of a zombie process, but perhaps this is not a very
good metaphor :)