Synaptics MIT license, again

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Tue May 22 15:44:02 PDT 2007

Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2007, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
>
>> Thomas Dickey wrote:
>>> presumably the sponsors of X.Org get some benefit (you might spend a
>>> few
>>> seconds learning who pays the bills).
>>>

>> The benefit to sponsors these days is pretty much limited to the
>> privilege to make a donation.
>
> oh.  That sounds as if you're saying that the sponsors don't use the
> code anymore (otherwise someone might notice if it were no longer
> usable).

Read my whole message.  Of course Sun and other sponsors use the code.
We are sponsors, and we are also Xorg members and contributors.
The point is  that providing sponsorship donations does not confer any
special influence or benefit to the sponsor.

Stuart