Synaptics MIT license, again

Carlos Corbacho cathectic at gmail.com
Tue May 22 00:58:41 PDT 2007

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> For what it's worth, I'm not willing to have any of the code I wrote for
> Synaptics changed to a license that allows the production of proprietary
> derivative works.

This actually brings up a slightly more subtle problem, the "Have we
therefore actually found _all_ the developers": You're not listed on the
ChangeLog[1] or Credits for Synaptics, so given you've managed to be missed
off these, then who else has contributed and isn't logged or credited? If
anyone is left out of agreeing to a licensing change, then any relicensing
is obviously bogus by default.

(I'm not going to debate the license change in this particular thread (see
my other message for that) I just wanted to bring up this particular point
here for future reference).

-Carlos

[1] http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/files/changes.txt