Synaptics MIT license approved

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 16 12:10:59 PDT 2007

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2007, Christoph Brill wrote:
>
>> I've tracked down every single developer that we need an agreement from
>> for changing the synaptics X11 driver from GPL license to MIT license.
>> It's been really hard work to find those people but tonight the last one
>> mailed me that he agrees to the license!
>
> Thanks for your hard work!

Ditto!

Just for the record, what kind of "proof" do you have? I'm personally
not concerned but if contacting everyone was such a hard task and the
only evidence of people accepting it are on "someone's" personal
computer then this is not really enough? Perhaps some for of official
announcement with email extracts etc. would go some of the way to
providing a public record? But you've maybe already done this elsewhere.

Just a thought.

Col