Synaptics MIT license approved

Christoph Brill egore at gmx.de
Tue May 15 22:36:56 PDT 2007

Hi list,

I've tracked down every single developer that we need an agreement from
for changing the synaptics X11 driver from GPL license to MIT license.
It's been really hard work to find those people but tonight the last one
mailed me that he agrees to the license!

As you can see[1] we're done!

Now to my next question: How do we proceed with this license change in
driver? My preffered solution would be:

- add an freedesktop.org account[2] for the maintainer Peter Österlund
- drop the build system
- change the license
- import the git repository[3] into freedesktops git as
  xorg/driver/xf86-input-synaptics
- integrate the driver into the build system of X.org (might need one of
  the gurus who worked on the autotools in X.org)
- polish
- release

That's what I think should be done next. I'm CC'ing the maintainer so he
can comment on that steps. And others hopefully, too.

Bye,
  Christoph

[1] http://www.egore911.de/vype/synli/
[2] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests