how and when to build pixman ? [was: Re: Pixman dependency]

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Mon May 14 08:43:42 PDT 2007

Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a heads up, over the next few days I'll be adding a hard dependency
> on the pixman library, which is available from a git repository on
>
>         git.freedesktop.org/git/pixman

	Found it ;-)

But what I'd like to know:

Suppose someone builds after the instructions in the
ModularDevelopersGuide, using a custom build.sh for the process....

1.) where should pixman be placed w. regards to the dependencies it has
on other Xorg libs?

2.) on the system I use to test-build the git-checkout of Xorg, pixman
wants to link to gtk-x11, which will normally not be present on a host
on which I build up the Xorg release from scratch (as I can only build
gtk2 after Xorg has been installed).

		any insight would be appreciated,
			greets,
			  Jens