synaptics driver MIT license approach

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu May 10 06:12:01 PDT 2007

On May 08, 07 16:24:03 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> (For instance, my employer allows me to contribute code to X under the
>  MIT license with our copyright, but assigning copyright to X.Org would
>  probably require another couple months of legal review first, and I
>  suspect I'm not alone here.)

AFAIK transferring copyright is simply not possible in Germany. You
always have the copyright on code you write. You can only pass licenses
(which can have about the same effect as passing the copyright).

So this also highly depends on where you live.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de