xmon that understands extensions?

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri May 4 03:32:35 PDT 2007

On May 03, 07 15:27:06 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> >
> >I guess this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know of an X protocol
> >monitor that can decode some of the server extensions? Xmon
> >(xmonui/xmond) circa 1990 (with subsequent minor improvements) doesn't
> >decode any extensions and indeed predates many of them.
>
> http://www.keithp.com/cvs/xscope/ does a few.

There's currently a Vacation of Code project for a sort-of replacement
in progress, XCBScope. The student will setup a git repository for that
soon. The system should be able to read the XML files of extensions as
well, though at least at the beginning you will probably fall over one
issue or another.

HTH

Matthias

--