Dual-head on i810 driver -- almost works

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Wed May 2 13:39:15 PDT 2007

I recently updated drivers and for the first time I've been able to get
dual-head to kind of work with the i810 driver. Actually it works perfectly
but it's always in clone mode. I don't want clone mode (why does it even
exist, what's it good for anyways?).

I can't figure out how to turn off clone mode. The man page no longer lists
the driver-specific options to control multi-head layouts and instead says to
use 'Option "Clone" "false"' in the ServerLayout section. I've tried this but
it still gives me two copies of the same screen.