Using 1080i over DVI/HDMI with 965G

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue May 1 17:07:57 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 20:23 +0100, Alex Willmer wrote:
> I've been trying to get a Toshiba 42WLT66 television to display a full
> screen picture at a resolution of 1920x1080 interlaced (1080i). The
> display is driven driven by an Intel 965G through a DVI ADD2 card.
> Despite using what I believe is the correct ModeLine (from EDID in log)
> I cannot get a signal to display.

I haven't ever tried to get an interlaced mode to work, and I have this
recollection that there were several more bits of code needed to make
these work and I'm not sure they're even written yet.

I certainly haven't ever seen a monitor that actually asks for an
interleaved mode over HDMI/DVI before.

keith.packard at intel.com