when we can have all the resolution modes in i845 chipset?

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Mar 29 11:50:28 PDT 2007

On 3/29/07, shirish agarwal <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>          Does anybody have an idea when we can have all the resolution modes
> in i845 chipset. I mean 3 months, 6 months, 1 yr. down the line. Meanwhile
> I've been trying, unsuccessfully I might add to get 1024*768 resolution by
> using the 915resolution package but to no  success. I've made a big post at
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2367180#post2367180
>   I'm using Ubuntu 6.10 atm & will try also the 7.04 alternate CD install to
> see if my issue is fixed there or not. Please advice as to when I could get
> a Ubuntu Live CD which boots up in 1024*768 or atleast 800*600. Thnx in
> advance.

This isn't really the place to ask when a particular distro may have
better display support for the intel driver.  That's a question to
direct at the distro people.

That being said, the current prerelease versions of the xserver and
intel video driver include proper modesetting support.  No
915resolution BIOS hacks required.  I've also got a i845 chipset and
I'm running it with no problems here (and enabling/disabling monitors
on the fly, WOO!).  If you're feeling adventurous, you can compile it
yourself and have it working now.

Cheers,
g.