RFC: Video decode acceleration API

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Mar 28 13:03:22 PDT 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:31:12 +0200
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> I haven't read your proposal yet (not awake enough anymore),
> but you should definitly also ask the people from MPlayer,
> xine and VLC. The API has to fit somehow into the architectures
> of these three players. Otherwise it cannot be fully used.
> And if those three aren't going to use it, noone will.

On the second thought, maybe you should start with
FFmpeg instead. It's _the_ video decoding library that
everyone out there is using. Which means that if you
want to have some success your API must be able to
interact with FFmpeg. You might even use it as an example
on how to design a proper API that supports many different
codecs.

				Attila Kinali

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann