Backing Store

Gordon Miller gordonamiller at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 26 08:39:13 PDT 2007

Hi

I am returning to a project that I left some years ago, which relies on
Backing Store. I create the windows and draw on them, before they are
mapped, and XMapRaise them at the end. This no longer seems to work.

Has the Xorg server changed in relation to backing store ?
Has the Xlib drawing scenario changed such that a window needs to be
mapped before you can draw on it ?
Is it just that my driver "radeon" doesn't do backing store correctly ?

I have Option "BackingStore" "On" in my xorg.conf, and the Xorg.0.log
shows backing store as enabled.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.