xf86-video-intel new version: Changing resolution by the keyboard ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Mar 26 01:02:48 PDT 2007

> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 09:12 +0200, Pavel Troller wrote:
> > Hi!
> >   What I'm missing since upgrade to the modesetting intel driver (either 1.9.92
> > or git master) is the possibility to manually change the resolution by the
> > Ctrl_Alt_+ or Ctrl_Alt_- key combos. I was using them frequently. Now I can do
> > it only with RandR.
> >   Any chance to get these hotkeys back ?
>
> Assign the "hotkeys" to specific xrandr command lines in your window
> manager?

A nice idea, but I don't want to use RandR, because I don't want my window
manager to rearrange icons to fit the new screen size, resize the windows,
change font sizes etc. etc.. I just want to temporarily decrease the
resolution, for example to magnify some detail on the screen, and then quickly
return it back.
           With regards, Pavel Troller