X-Server 1.3, randr 1.2 and dualscreen?

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Sun Mar 25 14:47:51 PDT 2007

Keith Packard wrote:

>> I can never switch it on again with
>>
>> $ xrandr --output LVDS --below VGA
>
> This doesn't say 'turn it on' as you didn't tell it which mode to use.
> If you want to use the native mode, just do:
>
> $ xrandr --output LVDS --auto --below VGA

I'm sorry, I forgot about that --auto option. Works fine - I tried
enabling/disabling both VGA and LVDS a number of times. The only issue
is that sometimes open windows are jumping around a bit weird. And on
one occasion I had to wait about 30 seconds for an image to re-appear.

I made some suggestions in another thread.

Is there already a GUI for xrandr 1.2? Any plans for autodetecting
external displays?