composite manager and memory mgmt

Tapani Pälli tapani.palli at nokia.com
Fri Mar 23 06:38:33 PDT 2007

ext Luca Dionisi wrote:
> On 3/23/07, Felix Bellaby <felix at bellaby.plus.com> wrote:
>> BTW, you seemed to imply earlier that your compositor only shows one
>> maximised window at a time. If this is the case then what useful
>> function is your compositor performing?
>
> Yeah, I'm curious too.

Possible usecases are usage of shadows on application menu's and dialogs
+ moving elements (menus, infoprints). In Maemo we have these small
infoprints (think of notifications), they can be animated (as well as
have translucency) with composite.

Right now I'm experimenting with menus and infoprints. Usage of
composite also does some nice buffering for (complex) gtktreeviews, no
more flickering white boxes then.