Help with 945GM

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sun Mar 18 21:14:50 PDT 2007

> I am about to give up on LINUX.  Please save me.  I am trying to get
> 1280x720 on my AOpen 945-VXR that has integrated intel Video (945GM).
> Attached is my Xorg.0.log.  I have used 915 resolution as well.

Hi!
  Is there a chance that you can compile a new intel driver yourself ?
  There is a release candidate of a brand new version, which can handle
setting video modes much better. It is probably not yet included as a binary
package for your distro, so some skills with compilation from source code
are needed. You will need sources for the new X server too. Since the last
Saturday, I'm using them both and they are usable (I'm still hunting some
bugs with mesa GL and graphical performance, but basically it's working
well). Please look in the list archives for ANNOUNCE: xf86-video-intel-1.99.92
and xorg-7.2.99.902.
                       With regards, Pavel Troller