Keyboard problem with Xorg 7.1.99999

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Mar 17 04:40:23 PDT 2007

Bob Smith wrote:
> Hi
> When i use the keboard with xorg 7.1.9999, the keyboard leds don't
> work, the Xfree shortcuts don't work eg. ctrl+alt+F1 or
> ctrl+alt+bkspc. I can't turn off numlock so things crash. Plz plz help

You should try with the latest stable version first. 7.2 was released a
while ago.

Also if you are using GDM and a custom different prefix for your install
of the server you may find (as I did) that the program setxkbmap is not
found correctly and messed up your keyboard. I didn't look into the
problem seriously (e.g. not sure if it's in X, GDM, or some custom
scripts of my distro), I just symlinked setxkbmap into my custom prefix
and everything worked fine ;)

Col