[Unichrome] linuxbios + xf86-video-unichrome: no VGA BIOS needed.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Mar 17 04:36:05 PDT 2007

Fredrik Ohrstrom wrote:
> Ubercool! This is exactly what I myself intended to do, and you
> have already done it! My next goal is to initialize the display
> already in LinuxBios. I want it to go into a nice picture/or solid color
> within less a second after press the ON button. Then, later as the
> X-server takes over the control, it will know that the display is
> initialized
> and can take over without blinking the display.... :-)
>
> Do you think it is possible?

Oh that would be nice!!! When I boot my EPIA It annoys me that the text
mode shows up. I already patched the original VIA bios to change the
boot graphic but it's very limited in terms of colours available etc. as
it has to fit into a very small place and the text mode always shows up
when doing it's DHCP boot.

Does suspend/resume work nicely with this setup too?

Col