[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 1.9.91 (2.0 RC1)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Mar 14 10:03:23 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 07:22 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Not quite. Its 3D engines have similar limitations for coordinates but
> not for the pitch, so working around it in the drivers would be
> relatively easy.

Yeah, good point. The intel chips have a maximum pitch of 8192 bytes,
which *could* be used for a 4096 stride at 16bpp, but no-one wants to
run 16bpp these days.

Still, I think it makes sense to think of these as problems which should
be solved above the driver level as that should make the code more
readable and potentially useful to others.

keith.packard at intel.com