[Patch] Allow to configure RANDR 1.2 outputs with no device attached

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Mar 13 05:44:55 PDT 2007

On Mar 12, 07 13:26:34 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> > seems like having the server allocate extra unused modes isn't going to
> > win us anything here.
>
> It already has this option; listing the three @60 modes will just reduce
> the need to add modes by hand; dunno if that's a good plan or not.

If the user agent can program arbitrary modes, that's a very minor
issue. Instead of the server providing standard modes I would rather
have the user program provide these modes and have them easily
selectable. I think that is a cleaner design, and the user tool can
decide what modes are to be presented to the user.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de