[Patch] Allow to configure RANDR 1.2 outputs with no device attached

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Mar 12 12:50:40 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 19:14 +0100, Matthias Hopf wrote:

> I cannot see any particularly good reason to hide modes to the user,
> which are not explicitly non-working (i.e. a monitor told the system
> that it won't work). OTOH, if xrandr was able to explicitly configure
> modelines for a non-attached output device, this would be good enough
> for me in this case.

Yes, it can certainly do that with the existing protocol; I need to go
figure out which box I added that code on. Too many machines.

Another useful option will be to have the driver report a few standard
modes even when no outputs use them so that we can just add them to
disconnected outputs without needing to program them explicitly from the
client side.

keith.packard at intel.com