Need help

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon Mar 12 10:32:34 PDT 2007

Florian Festi wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I had a look into the problem some months ago.
>> The Linux HID codes for KEY_FN_F1 and friends is above 255.
>> xf86-input-keyboard simply doesn't handle this, xf86-input-evdev does
>> not currently handle this.
>
> Problem with the evdev driver is that it does not load xkb maps at all,
> but hard codes it to "us"
> (http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/driver/x-input-evdev.git;a=blob;h=e257f04c7bc1323907d619f92cde241687b1c582;hb=9ee64a64fdf76478091c60c0d3c24dcc99a28b1b;f=src/evdev_key.c#l391)

Note that you are talking about x-input-evdev and not the
xf86-input-evdev which is the currently implementation of evdev on xorg
server.

Actually, x-input-evdev only works with xgl on the upstream code. The
idea of x-input-evdev is to modularize xf86-input-evdev separating the
devices dependent code, but I am not having time to tackle on this now.

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre