xf86-video-i810 1.9.91 (on MacBook 2,1 - Core2Duo)

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon Mar 12 01:43:46 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Sunday 11 March 2007 23:06:33 Matthieu Baechler wrote:
> Le dimanche 11 mars 2007 à 14:27 +0100, Rene Rebe a écrit :
> > As in the other post I did not install the Boot Camp software and
> > just use rEFIt. But as far as I know the BIOS emulation is included
> > anyway and rEFIt just does initalize / use it. The Boot Camp software
> > just is the GUI wizard part running in OS X. So in any case when you
> > boot via GRUB or LILO you end up with a BIOS. The only way to avoid
> > the BIOS layer is to boot via elilo. Anyway, I boot via rEFIt/Grub and
> > this is what I get:
>
> If I understand correctly your other post, you managed to make the last
> intel driver to work on the same laplop as mine. I'm very interested to
> know what are the differences between our two laptops.

Yeah for me it works out-of-the-box.

"Distribution" is T2 SDE, http://www.t2-project.org, with up-to-date
packages on Linux kernel 2.6.19.2.

> Would you help me to find how to resolve my problem ?

Well, answering some mails yes. But I'm in the middle of preparing
our CeBIT booth ...

> I have a 64 bits debian Etch and I boot via rEFIt/LILO (I didn't managed
> to make grub working with my debian). I use a 2.6.20.2 kernel.

rEFIt/Grub here. But LILO should not matter. Btw. as you see by using LILO
you get BIOS emulation thru rEFIt without the OS X thing called Boot Camp
as LILO/Grub only works via the BIOS ...

> What can be wrong with my setup ?

No idea. Either your hardware is indeed slightly differing or some package
versions do not play that good together.

Some snipplets of dmidecode:

BIOS Information
        Vendor: Apple Computer, Inc.
        Version:     MB21.88Z.00A5.B00.0610192027
        Release Date: 10/19/06

System Information
        Manufacturer: Apple Computer, Inc.
        Product Name: MacBook2,1