can't get 1680x1050 with intel-1.9.91

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Fri Mar 9 05:25:42 PST 2007

 	Hi

   I'm trying to get a Lenovo ThinkCentre M55 with a Lenovo 22" D221 flatpanel
to display the native resolution of 1680x1050, but I only get 1280x800 no
matter what I try. I get the same resolution with a Sun 19" flat (1280x1024
native) so something funky is going on. This is with xorg-server 1.2.99.901 and
xf86-video-intel 1.9.91 built on Ubuntu Feisty (current development
version).

Here is the relevant part of the config I'm using:

--
Section "Device"
          Identifier      "Generic Video Card"

Section "Monitor"
          Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
          Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
          Identifier      "Default Screen"
          Device          "Generic Video Card"
          Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
          DefaultDepth    24
          SubSection "Display"
                  Depth           24
                  Virtual 1680 1050
         EndSubSection
EndSection
--

and here you can find the log:

http://users.tkk.fi/~tjaalton/xorg/Xorg.0.log-1280x800

in the same directory is the log I get when not using xorg.conf at all, which
results in same resolution.