Button Driver

Mughilan Ramajayam mughirp at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 21:18:05 PST 2007

Hi,

The kernel module as well the test application is done.

But how to make this device communicate to Xserver and therefore to Xclient.

For example, the touch panel (char driver / node ttyS1 / MAJOR 4) communicates via xorg's xf86-input-dmc driver.
Similarly, how do I make the push buttons (char driver / node button / MAJOR 211) communicate to the Xserver ?

Am I missing something or losing track, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mughilan

Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote: Mughilan Ramajayam napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I have ported X7.1 to my embedded system. Also am using the dmc
> touchscreen  as the core input device (driver - xf86-input-dmc).
>
> I have 3 push buttons in my embedded system and need to develop a
> input event driver for this. How do I go about developing one such or
> any skeleton driver is avaiable to modify and use.
google for kbdd or kbde.  Both will do what you want; kbdd is a user
space implementation and kbde is a kernel space implemenation.

--Yan