[ANNOUNCE] xorg-sgml-doctools-1.2

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Mar 5 09:09:58 PST 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007, Johan Bilien wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 04, 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I will stop denegrating this docbook flood of nonsense BS when I can
>> type 'docbook procmailrc' and read it, till then please give us
>> simple, easily read manpages.  Stop hiding the docs for this stuff
>> behind an impenetrable curtain of gobbledygook, far worse that trying
>> to read an html email as plaintext.
>
>On GNOME you can use the yelp utility to read plain docbook formatted
>files in a nice UI with
>
>$ yelp some_docbook_file.xml

Hey Thanks.  It threw out some font errors on startup but still displayed
it just fine ANAICT.  I may not have all the fonts gnome wants, running
kde here.  I just looked around in smart, but didn't see a fixing package
right off hand.  If yelp is to use '/apps/yelp/variable_font'
and '/apps/yelp/fixed_font', then it should have been made a package
dependency.  But that's a different horse considering that it apparently
worked just fine.  Since there is a leading '/', methinks it is an error
in yelp.  There is no apps dir on the root of the filesystem...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)