deleted my x11 drivers

Paul Collins paul at briny.ondioline.org
Sun Mar 4 13:22:43 PST 2007

> I deleted my /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/i*.o files with some
> kernel modules I thought were updated versions of these
> files. Unfortunately there is a difference between kernel i810 and
> i915 and the ones I need to get X to work.
>
> My X is version 6.8.2 and I need i810 i830 and i915 drv.o files. Can
> anyone help?

Maybe grab x11-6.8.2-i486-3.tgz from
http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/slackware-10.2/slackware/x/

Or perhaps x11-6.8.2-i486-7_slack10.2.tgz from
http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/slackware-10.2/patches/packages/

I haven't used Slackware in about ten years, so I don't know how
updates are handled.  I guess you want the one that matches the rest
of your system.

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood