selecting modes with xf86-video-intel modesetting

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Mar 3 23:10:28 PST 2007

Hi!
  Just now I've played with today's (4. of March) modesetting branch and I can
confirm that exactly the same problem is present here, disallowing me to use
the modesetting driver, because the highest resolution it accepts is 1024x768
and normally I'm using 1600x1200.
  Why is this driver ignoring the HorizSync and VertRefresh directives from the
Monitor section ? I have the correct values here, so even with failing EDID, it
should use these values and work as a standard driver.
       With regards, Pavel Troller