Documentation isues

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Sat Mar 3 07:34:18 PST 2007

Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 03:33:15PM +0100, robome at myway.de wrote:

>> Please invest some more energy in documentation.
>
> With the resources we have, investing energy in documentation means some
> development would stop.  We don't have enough people to develop and
> document.  Sad but true.

Sorry, no. If we don't invest energy in documentation, development will
stop, because:
- it will be harder and harder do understand things in the code without
up-to-date documentation,
- no one can use code without documentation, so people will slowly stop
using our code.

Having said that, users who complain about the lack of documentation can
always help getting things better by *writing* some documentation about
what they find out, and contributing it back, either by sending patches
to existing files or by using the wiki.
--
Matthieu Herrb