Segmentation fault using xvfb-run under debian

Achimsen xorg at mutabrain.de
Thu Jun 28 13:30:35 PDT 2007

Hi,

I want to use Xfvb for a small tool on my debian server. When I try using
xvfb-run, I'm getting this error:

/usr/bin/xvfb-run: line 153: 16195 Segmentation fault
DISPLAY=:$SERVERNUM XAUTHORITY=$AUTHFILE "$@" 2>&1

I call it this way:    xvfb-run ./mytool

Even when I want to use Xvfb ( I call it this way: Xvfb :99 & ), I can't
use any tool without getting an "Error: can't open display".

I'm using Debian Sarge and have installed the debian xfvb-package without
any errors.

One strange thing is the fact, that both works perfectly yesterday but
today - without changing anything on the server - I'm getting this error.

Could somebody help me with this?

Thanks

Achimsen