Avivo(r500) driver an ATI X1600PRO

boris stevenson borisstevenson at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 15:28:45 PDT 2007

I am glad I am not the only one. I updated to the latest avivo from git (as I do whenever there is an update to the driver in the git repository).Here is an xrandr on both fglrx and avivo for support resolutions.

  xrandr (fglrx)
  Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1920x1080      30.0*    25.0
   1776x1000      30.0
   1280x1024      43.0
   1280x768       60.0
   1280x720       60.0     50.0
   1152x864       47.0     43.0
   1152x648       60.0
   1024x768       60.0     43.0
   800x600        60.0     56.0     47.0
   720x576        50.0
   720x480        60.0     30.0
   640x480        60.0
   640x432        60.0
   640x400        60.0
   512x384        60.0
   400x300        60.0
   320x240        60.0
   320x200        60.0

  xrandr(avivo)
  Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1152 x 768, maximum 1280 x 1280
VGA connected 1152x648+0+0 16mm x 9mm
   1152x648       59.7*+   59.7
   1280x768       60.0
   1024x768       60.0     59.9
   800x600        60.3     59.9
   640x480        60.0
   720x400        70.1
DVI-I connected 1152x648+0+0 16mm x 9mm
   1152x648       59.7*+   59.7
   1280x768       60.0
   1024x768       60.0     59.9
   800x600        60.3     59.9
   640x480        60.0
   720x400        70.1
  640x480 (0x43)   25.2MHz
        h: width   640 start  656 end  752 total  800 skew    0 clock   31.5KHz
        v: height  480 start  490 end  492 total  525           clock   59.9Hz

Robert Y <rob2687.nix at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 6/27/07, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> On 6/26/07, boris stevenson wrote:
> > I would personally like to thank Jerome and the entire avivo driver team for
> > all their hard work on creating this excellent driver. I am wondering about
> > a few things.
> >
> > - Is it possible to set 1920x1080 resolutions like with fglrx? (1080i). Each
> > time I try to set the video mode it always seems to resort to one
> > resolution only.
> > - Any new developments for DRI support (For accelerated and clearer XVideo)?
> >

> If you use lastest source randr 1.2 should work, xrandr is the command
> to change video mode, i believe there are GUI interface to this which are
> in development (grandr and things like that).
>
> best,
> Jerome Glisse

I am getting limited resolutions too. I am only able to get a max. of
1280x800 on my x1900 using grandr. My monitor is 1920x1200 native. I
can get higher resolutions by playing with the horizontal and vertical
sync ranges in xorg.conf however the default values result in the
limited resolutions.
I wasn't sure if it was due to the incompletedness of R500 or if it is
because of the h/vsync ranges in xorg.conf.