Intel 2.0.0 Driver : Override device detection?

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:58:49 PDT 2007

On 6/27/07, sean <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, my Vizio GL42, a 42" LCD has this problem. If not ON,
> EDID doesn't see it and I can't specify 1366x768.

Which leads back to an earlier comment. Automatic detection is great
and is suitable 99% of the time, but couldn't / shouldn't the driver
offer some override options. After all, no automatic detection will
ever will 100% foolproof.

It looks to me like the sort of options i'd require (e.d
"ConnectedMonitor" and/or "DevicePresence") used to be part of the
driver but have been removed for some reason.

Stephen