xf86-video-avivo & RV515 laptop panel corruption

Jon Escombe lists at dresco.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 13:10:17 PDT 2007

Jerome Glisse wrote:
> On 6/25/07, Jon Escombe <lists at dresco.co.uk> wrote:
>> I've been trying out the new avivo driver on my Lenovo T60 laptop
>> (after adding the RV515 PCI id's).
>>
>> The output is correct on the external VGA port, but the output on the
>> internal panel is always corrupted.
>> This problem is still present in todays git, can I do anything to help
>> troubleshoot this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jon.
>>

> A screenshot of how looks the screen could help. A radeondump under
> avivo (with no external screen, do it by ssh) and one radeondump under
> fglrx too. I think i do not set RMX scaler and this likely not
> initialized like
> me by your bios. And attach you xorg log & xorg conf.
>
> best,
> Jerome Glisse

Thanks,

An image of the screen and the avivo radeondump can be found here -
http://www.dresco.co.uk/linux/avivo.jpg
http://www.dresco.co.uk/linux/T60-0x7145-0

Am attaching my xorg conf and log, and also the patch to add my PCI id.
I'm not sure how to get fglrx working at the moment, as I'm running
Fedora7 and it doesn't play well with the X server.

Regards,
Jon.