Intel 2.0.0 Driver : Override device detection?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jun 25 16:10:59 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 23:31 +0100, Stephen Williams wrote:

> Ok, I am not using a switch, just a direct DVI to HDMI cable to
> connect a brand new Panasonic LCD TV (Model TX32LXD70 ) from a mac
> mini.

Oh, right, the mac mini. That's a funky device -- the DDC for the
HDMI-connected monitor ends up routed through the VGA DDC pins. I wonder
if that has anything to do with this problem...

One thing we might consider doing is providing an EDID override in the
xorg.conf file; that way you could pull the EDID data out of the log
file when the monitor was on and use that all the time.

keith.packard at intel.com