question regarding S-Video out on Toshiba Satellite 1130 (Intel 852GSM)

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:37:11 PDT 2007

"Jake B" <otakuj462 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with information on
> enabling the S-Video out port on my Toshiba Satellite 1130. It has
> the Intel 852GSM graphics chipset, and I believe it currently uses
> the i810 driver. It is currently running Ubuntu 7.04.
> If anyone can offer any guidance, I would greatly appreciate it if
> you would let me know.
> Thanks.

TV-out is currently not supported on pre-i915 chips, although the Intel
folks say that this is something that someone with the skill and time
could fix, as most of the TV-out chips paired with i830-generation
graphics hardware have publicly-available data sheets.

Andrew

--
Andrew J. Barr

Woke up in my clothes again this morning,
don't know exactly where I am...