ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder8500DV / TFT F-419.

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.org.au
Fri Jun 22 23:29:59 PDT 2007

Hi,

Since this problem has only has been reported by us, I think it could
be a combination of hardware that causes it to occur. Could you please
send an lspci. Here is mine:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 651 Host (rev 01)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Virtual PCI-to-PCI bridge (AGP)
00:02.0 ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS962 [MuTIOL Media IO] (rev 04)
00:02.1 SMBus: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS961/2 SMBus Controller
00:02.5 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE]
00:03.0 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 0f)
00:03.1 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 0f)
00:03.2 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 0f)
00:03.3 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 2.0 Controller
00:0e.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
00:0f.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 0a)
00:0f.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! Game Port (rev 0a)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc R200 BB [Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV]
01:00.1 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc R200 BC [Radeon All in Wonder 8500]
02:00.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Agere Systems FW323 (rev 04)

Also, I think you will have to find the problem yourself. If you have
time, try to download different versions of X and test them until you
have identified which version causes to problem. If you can then go on
to identify the actual patch that breaks things you can narrow down
the problem so that someone on this list can fix it.

Cheers,
//Anders

> Does anybody get some help for me ???
>
> On Mon, June 18, 2007 07:11, Vincent Blondel wrote:
> On Sun, June 17, 2007 04:19, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem with exactly the same card and use it with a
> DVI monitor. The same problem also occurs if I connect a CRT. The
> problem started for me during an upgrade as well (I run Debian). I
> have seen a post previously about a problem on the same card, perhaps
> it is related
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-December/020766.html
>

> I did not find the solution for my problem in this mail but I tested some
> tips I found in a few mails on the net and get this now :
>
> Section "Device"
>    Identifier  "RADEON-8500DV"
>    Driver      "ati"
>    VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
>    BoardName   "R200 BB [Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV]"
>    BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
>    Option "DPMS"
>    Option "BusType" "AGP"
>    Option "AGPMode" "4"            # AGP 4x
>    Option "AGPSize" "64"           # AGP aperture size
>    Option "UseFBDev" "false"
>    #Option "RingSize" "4"
>    #Option "BufferSize" "2"
>    #Option "EnableDepthMoves" "true"
>    Option "ColorTiling" "true"
>    Option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "false"  # Faster RENDER Acceleration
>    Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"              # Use Xorg Acceleration
> Architecture
>    Option "EnablePageFlip" "true"          # Enable page flipping for 3D
>    Option "RenderAccel" "true"             # Enable the hardware render
> acceleration
>    #Option "BackingStore" "true"           # Faster double buffering
> EndSection
>
> This starts very quickly ( more quickly than earlier ) but still not
> always. Let's say 3 times on 4 this configuration works. I do not know why
> all these kind of optimization give a better result for a simple display
> but this seems the best result for me right now.
>
> If somebody get an idea for this change of behaviour and maybe a solution
> for me ?
>
> Cheers,
> //Anders

Anders Johansson   Room  G12      WATRI University of          .-_|\
Visiting  Research Associate      Western Australia           /     \
telephone:   +61 8 6488 8125      39 Stirling Highway         P_.-._/
home:       www.watri.org.au      Crawley WA 6009                  o