Ati randr-1.2 branch and Xrandr output

Alberto Milone albertomilone at alice.it
Thu Jun 21 06:51:19 PDT 2007

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 6/21/07, Alberto Milone <albertomilone at alice.it> wrote:
>> Hi, I have installed ATI's Randr-1.2 branch from GIT and I have tried
>> Xrandr.
>>
>> Here is the output I get on my old laptop:
>>
>> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 768, maximum 2708 x 1152
>> VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right)
>> LVDS connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm
>>    1024x768       60.0*+   60.0
>>    800x600        60.3
>>    640x480        59.9
>>

>> My laptop has a VGA port and a S-Video port (the latter is not detected
>> by Xrandr). My card is detected as "ATI Tecnologies Inc Radeon IGP
>> 330M/340M/350M".
>>
>> My question is why aren't TV and TMDS-1 displayed (as disconnected) by
>> xrandr? That is to say why doesn't xrandr print something like this?
>>

> TV out is not supported yet in the radeon driver.  As far as TMDS,
> does your laptop actually have a DVI port?  If so, your bios connector
> tables are wrong. If not, why would you want a connector that you
> don't have to show up?
>
> Alex

My laptop doesn't have a DVI port.

I would like Xrandr to print that both TV and TMDS-1 are disconnected
even if they don't exist. This might seem illogical however it would
help greatly the app I'm developing. The app I'm talking about is URandR:
https://launchpad.net/urandr

URandR parses the output of XRandR so as to get all the details of the
displays. It's written in Python and GTK and doesn't use C. I know it's
not the best way to use RandR but it works great on my Intel card.

This is why I wanted to see both TV and TMDS-1 as if they were
disconnected even if such ports do not exist.

Maybe not showing them at all makes more sense and I should modify
URandr accordingly.

Alberto