Support of Mobility Radeon X1400 (avivo)

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 02:46:48 PDT 2007

On 6/20/07, Michael Olbrich <michael-olbrich at web.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 06:40:39PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> > >Scrolling in xterm is _very_ slow, but not in eterm. Is that normal
> > >right now?
> >
> > It depends on what you mean by "_very_ slow.  A factor of five, if you're
> > measuring carefully on a normal system.  (Part of _that_ is due to xterm,
> > and part due to breakage in XCopyArea).
> >
> > Anything more than that's probably the third case - the X server...
>
> Hard to say. I think it's more that a factor of five. It's a lot like a
> text console with vesafb (without ywrap). Scrolling full pages is fast.
> Individual lines is slow and continues a long time after releasing the
> <down> key.
> Not sure if that helps: No such problems when running a xterm in Xephyr.
>
> michael

There is no acceleration eve no shadow fb in current avivo driver
which makes it slower than vesa, but avivo drivers have been
released to test out its output functionality and its capacity to
properly set video mode so far except bugs i did introduce i
have been able to fix and understand a bit better r500 registers.

Next i might, or anyother one who beats me to it, add avivo
into radeon driver than we should be able to have XAA acceleration
without too much trouble, maybe even 3d...

best,
Jerome Glisse