Ati randr-1.2 branch and Xrandr output

Alberto Milone albertomilone at alice.it
Thu Jun 21 02:27:27 PDT 2007

Hi, I have installed ATI's Randr-1.2 branch from GIT and I have tried
Xrandr.

Here is the output I get on my old laptop:

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 768, maximum 2708 x 1152
VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right)
LVDS connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768       60.0*+   60.0
   800x600        60.3
   640x480        59.9

My laptop has a VGA port and a S-Video port (the latter is not detected
by Xrandr). My card is detected as "ATI Tecnologies Inc Radeon IGP
330M/340M/350M".

My question is why aren't TV and TMDS-1 displayed (as disconnected) by
xrandr? That is to say why doesn't xrandr print something like this?

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 768, maximum 2708 x 1152
VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right)
LVDS connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768       60.0*+   60.0
   800x600        60.3
   640x480        59.9
TMDS-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right)
TV disconnected (normal left inverted right)

Regards,

Alberto