Support of Mobility Radeon X1400 (avivo)

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Tue Jun 19 15:40:39 PDT 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Michael Olbrich wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 08:37:25PM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> On 6/17/07, Simon Ochsenreither <simon at ochsenreither.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I got my Radeon X1400 working by adding the appropriate PCI-IDs to the
>>> code in avivo, the resolution is quite wrong, but it displayed GDM ok (3
>>> times,
>>> one above another, but well), but no crash etc.
>>>
>>> What should I do now?
>>
>> If you can create a patch from the changes you made and post it here,
>> that would be good.
>
> Well, I don't know if my patch (attached) is correct, but it works for
> me. Mostly anyways. If I try to use avivo after fglrx my system locks
> completely.
> Scrolling in xterm is _very_ slow, but not in eterm. Is that normal
> right now?

It depends on what you mean by "_very_ slow.  A factor of five, if you're
measuring carefully on a normal system.  (Part of _that_ is due to xterm,
and part due to breakage in XCopyArea).

Anything more than that's probably the third case - the X server...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net