EXA distorts windows

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Jun 19 09:48:06 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 15:36 +0100, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> On 6/19/07, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 10:11 +0100, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
>
> > > I think EXA is supposed to improve 2D performance.
> >
> > With a compositing manager, yes.
>
> Do you mean I need to load the composite extension

Yes, and use a compositing manager such as xcompmgr or xfwm4.

> (and AIGLX?!?) ?

GLX compositing managers such as compiz are a different story, for EXA
to benefit those you need somebody to implement zero-copy tfp support in
the Mesa radeon driver and then use the GIT master branches of xserver
(to become 1.4) and xf86-video-ati (to become 6.7).