EXA distorts windows

Paulo J. Matos pocm at soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 02:11:42 PDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 16:26 +0100, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> >
> > Well, I've installed xorg-server 1.3, fortunately no more problems
> > with display, however, it's unusable. Displaying anything throws X to
> > 99% usage, glxgears goes from 1800FPS (XAA) to 1000 (EXA),
>
> Which version of xf86-video-ati? 6.6.3 didn't support page flipping with
> EXA yet.

I had 6.6.3, installed 6.6.192. Much better now but still better with
XAA, glxgears FPS now are not affected by XAA <-> EXA, 2D is affected.
gtkperf takes 39s with EXA, 25 with XAA for 100cycles.

> > gtkperf goes from 25s (100 cycles, XAA) to 41s (100cycles, EXA).
>
> Is that with or without a (non-GLX) compositing manger running? Is
> Option "AccelDFS" enabled?

Without. Is AccelDFS useful?

> > Is there anything I can provide to aid debugging/optimization?
>
> Did you see the recent threads about Cairo performance with EXA?

No, which thread should I look at?

I think EXA is supposed to improve 2D performance. If that is the
case, it is not working in my case. Can I provide any help/info, to
improve this situation?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk