i830 problems with xf86-video-intel-2.0

Gilles Dartiguelongue dartigug at esiee.fr
Tue Jun 19 01:41:11 PDT 2007

Le lundi 18 juin 2007 à 17:27 -0700, David Bronaugh a écrit :
> I'll put in a "me too" on this one. I'm running Debian Sid. I upgraded
> to the Intel 2.0 driver, and so far:
>  - Xinerama does not work (causes segfault in the X server)
>  - I can't use the panel integrated into my laptop (ie, the LFP
> connected via LVDS does not work)
>  - When I connect a 17" LCD to my laptop, it works at native res
> (woohoo!) but for unknown reasons only 1024x768 of it is usable for
> programs (I'm using ratpoison, and the remainder of the screen is the
> usual X stipple pattern)
connecting a 17" LCD works nicely here up to native resolution of the
LCD. I can even use the area properly and the styleto still points to
the good area (which is very nice :)). But at the same time, the
internal panel goes all stripey ! (see
http://evasdk.free.fr/2007-05-23--08.31.40/IMG_4290.JPG)

>  - When DPMS engages, it shuts down the external CRT like it should;
> however, when I create X activity to restore the display, the display
> comes back up (backlight fires up; display's getting signal), but the
> display is black. Switching to console and back fixes this.
(not testing this yet)

> I've attached the video BIOS for my laptop.
Unfortunately, it still doesn't want to dump the BIOS on mine. Here is
an updated xorg log in case it helps.
--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug at esiee.fr>