Pixman call needed a wrapper to fix some rendering problems in Xming

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Mon Jun 18 20:57:18 PDT 2007

"Colin Harrison" <colin.harrison at virgin.net> writes:

> I get bad rendering with xterm X clients (and others) in Xming following a
> recent git change in pixman/xserver.
> (typically, Cursor goes bananas and various types of page corruption)
>
> Traced back to recent changes in fb/fbfill.c and fixed by wrapping a call to
> pixman_fill() with
> a fresh call to fbGetDrawable().
> This is the fix (or bodge!) that works for me...

I'm probably missing something, but I don't see any reason an extra
fbGetDrawable would do anything at all. Can you explain why it would
work?

The code definitely looks though - a cut and paste error from earlier
in the file, I think. Can you try this patch:

        http://www.freedesktop.org/~sandmann/fillfix.patch

and see if it also fixes?

Thanks,
Soren